Auto Insurance in Newton, MS
Whether you own, rent or lease your vehicle, auto insurance is a must. It’s required in almost every state and can provide essential financial protection for you, your passengers and other drivers on the road.
Contact FLM Insurance in Newton, Mississippi, to learn more about our auto insurance coverage and to speak to an insurance agent.
Why is Auto Insurance Important?
Without auto insurance, also referred to as car insurance, you could be responsible for paying all of the costs associated with car accidents (e.g., legal fees, medical bills, property damage repairs) out of pocket. Additionally, if you’re caught driving without an auto policy required by your state, you could face fines or license suspension.
Let us help you find the best car insurance for your needs. Contact FLM Insurance to learn more about our available auto coverage today.
How Does Auto Insurance Work?
Auto insurance is a binding agreement between you and your insurer. As long as you continue to pay your premiums, your insurance company agrees to pay for covered losses up to your policy limits and per the policy terms.
What Does Auto Insurance Cover?
Auto insurance policy terms vary, but they may offer the following coverages:
- Liability coverage can help cover claims when you are at fault in an accident by providing financial assistance to help pay for third-party losses and associated legal fees. It typically has two parts:
- Bodily injury liability may cover costs associated with third-party injuries or deaths (e.g., medical bills, lost income, funeral costs).
- Property damage liability may cover costs associated with third-party property damage.
- Collision coverage can help cover the costs to fix or replace your vehicle if it is damaged by a collision with another car or object (e.g., fence).
- Comprehensive coverage can provide financial assistance to replace or repair your vehicle after it is damaged by noncollision incidents such as hail damage, vandalism or animal strikes.
- Medical payment coverage can help pay your and your passengers’ medical expenses after an accident, regardless of fault.
- Underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage can help cover your losses if you are in an accident with a driver who isn’t carrying adequate liability coverage.
Other coverages may be available, including gap coverage and glass coverage. Contact FLM Insurance to learn more about the auto insurance add-ons and endorsements we offer and for details on deductibles, limits and exclusions.
How Much Auto Insurance Do I Need?
Generally, you need enough auto insurance to meet your state’s minimum liability coverage limits. These requirements vary by state and are subject to change. But carrying only the state minimums may not provide sufficient financial protection, resulting in costly out-of-pocket expenses if you are in a major accident. Our agents can help you secure a policy that offers coverage that suits your need.
How Do I Buy an Auto Policy?
We’ve been helping our clients find the right auto insurance since 1969. Contact FLM Insurance to speak to an insurance agent today and to receive an auto insurance quote.